UPDATE It's A LONG ONE

Jan 26 2019
     
      It's been a while since I wrote one of these and thought I would see if I remembered how all this worked and share an update.
         Last we talked I was driving with Schneider Trucking on a dedicated account, between Knoxville Tn and Fairfield Ohio. 1900-0600 and then try to sleep during the day. Well that wasn't really working out for me, (had trouble sleeping during the day anymore) and where I parked my truck was 50 miles from the house, so by the time I drove home, got to bed and got back up I would not see the family and would be driving almost 100 miles a day, soI called my manager and advised him I needed to find something that would have me driving more days then over night. He said he would look but probably the best he could do would be a month or two down the road.Then out of the blue I got a phone call from JB Hunt offering me a OTR Job where I would be out M-F DAY SHIFT, and home all weekend, and making more money. So I left called my boss back told him about it and he said that was fine and to secure my truck and wished me best of luck, and if I ever wanted to come back I was more then welcome to.
      So pack the car and head for the house. Get a hold of JB Hunt, and go for my drug screen and physical, do all my online orientation training, and get set up to drive to Louisville Terminal to pick up my truck and get going. The day before I leave I get a call from my recruiter telling me I couldn't drive for them just yet because I didn't have enough experience by 2 days, and I needed to get my HAZMAT Endorsement, none of this mentioned before I left Schneider. So now I'm jobless.

    Got to go back to Northern Indiana for Turkey day and spent the weekend with my brother and sister and law and my mom and sister. This was the first time we were all together in Elkhart for Thanksgiving EVER, and the first time we got together since dad died in July, it was bittersweet, enjoyed being back home, but missed dad. However once we got up there we had a "dog sitter" who was suppose to be my best friend and almost like a sister to me, was suppose to watch Mickey, well she stabbed me in the back AGAIN and Ghosted me, so almost had to turn around and drive 5 hours back because I couldn't be gone the whole weekend with no one watching the dog, and by other buddy Jesse who usually watches him, was home with his family. Thankfully our AMAZING neighbor Lauren stepped up and watched him for us over the weekend so we could be with family and not worry about the dog, she really is a God send to us. My FORMER Friend has vanished into thin air and has now been put on THE LIST, (trust me you don't want to be on THE LIST) So she is dead to me, which is why I rarely let anyone in and keep my wall up, so this kind of crap doesn't happen. ANY WAY I DIGRESS
    If you remember in my last blog, I went to Navy Pier and the Station to Chicago Fire. Well being in Elkhart and only a 2 1/2 drive from Chicago, the wife had always wanted to see the Christmas lights in Chicago, so the wife and daughter and sister and I all hopped in the car (Nathan wanted to stay and hang with his cousin) and headed Northwest towards Chicago, we went to Chicago Fire Station where the show is filmed, got pictures there, then headed over to Michigan Ave also known as the Miracle Mile, and walked up and down the street taking in the sights and sounds that is Chicago during the holidays. We got to see the giant Chicago bean, and watched some crazy people Ice Skate. As we where walking down the street, we saw a homeless man sitting there not really begging but had a cup in front of him, so McKenzie asked if we had any money we could give him. So I dug into my pocket and pulled out a couple dollars and gave it to her, she and my sister walked over to him and put it in his cup. Holly and I stood back a little way, and it seemed to be taking longer then I expected, so I walked up, and my sister had her arm around Mckenzie shoulder and the 3 of them had their heads bowed, as the homeless man said a prayer of thanksgiving and safe travels over them, and asked me to join in. I had actually prayed earlier in the week for God to show up some how this week, (Thanksgiving week) that I had really felt lost now that I was with out a job, and here by a the bridge that goes of the Chicago River, I saw Jesus, okay not HIM, but I say HIM in this guy, who could have just grunted and didn't say anything to us, but instead he prayed for us, and then I said a prayer for him. In Mathew 18 Jesus said “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” (Matthew 18:19–20, NKJV) That city is full of MILLIONS of people, but at that moment in time JESUS was there with the 4 of us. Never Judge a book by it's cover you never know when the person you are being mean to, or hating on, or making fun of, isn't God showing up. Maybe not the physical but God in Spirit. 
            Any way, we spent Christmas in Walton with my family, then went to Louisville that weekend and had a great time with the wife's family. Decided to not look for a driving job until the Spring time, since they predicted a lousy winter, so far it's just been REALLY COLD. However March 4th I should be able to get back on the road doing what I love to do, driving. In the mean time, the Mrs suggest I look for a job around here, so I currently and working with the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati Airport Police Special Operations Command, and will be with them until I get back to driving. 
    Holly is starting her 3rd year with St. Elizabeth Physicians in Crittenden and very much loves her job. Nathan just TODAY Celebrated his 16th birthday and we are very proud of him, he is doing well in school. McKenzie is doing great in school, and every day she amazes us with her creativity and is starting her 6th year with Moss Dance Academy and is working hard and improving weekly. Moss Dance is setting up to go to New York City in October to take a few classes on broadway so she is super excited about that. 

That is about all for now I guess, thanks for reading, and keep your eyes open for more updates. 

Live 
Laugh 
Love Each Other

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4

The Eagle has landed

SCHNEIDER UPDATE HUGE Changes coming