Schneider Day #3 Done

10/11/2018

What an amazing day at work. Really loving my new job and new company. We switched it up from yesterday, those who drove first were on the yard, the other's went on the road. Did more "alley docking" 100% nailed it each and every time, and each and every time I felt more and more comfortable about it. Still some employees who are still struggling, and I hope they get it but they might not, and if not who knows what happens with after that. Was kinda funny because Yesterday it was raining all day but it was warm. Today it wasn't raining but was chilly, or so the other's in my class claim. It started out around 51 this am and then moved up to about 55 with a nice breeze. I was the only one out there with out a jacket or coat. Told them if I could get away with it I would be wearing shorts, however because we are on the yard they don't allow them it's cool I will obey their rules, but bet your butt I will be in them all the time in my own truck. Went to lunch, set up direct deposit and tax stuff. Then off to the road for road course. I went first again and had no issues driving, had a couple button hooks the instructor thought I would curb, but decided I didn't want to do that so just maneuvered around it instead (the other 2 ran curbs on them) Tomorrow is our final "Eval" day for week one and out of the 6 in my group the trainer said he is only 100% confident in MY Driving skills and doesn't think the other's are going to be able to pass, which probably just means more training would be my guess. So unless something clicks over night and they get 110% better I will be the only one of the 6 moving on to week two. Which is when we meet with our TE (Training Engineer) who we will spend 5 days OTR with, basically learning their qualcom macro's and different type of paper work they require for each load. Not really worried about any of that. Then week 3 will be back in "Class" to finish "soft skills" Trip planning map reading, meeting our Driver leader, and find out when and were we are going to pick up our trucks, and were we are going to park our truck on down time at home. My acct is a dedicated route so should be home every weekend, because the warehouses only take in product those days.

Anyways really glad I came to Schneider and having a great time and can't wait until I get my own truck.
Thanks for traveling
Live
Laugh
Love One Another

      You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a Criminal's death on a cross
                                                Philippians 2:5-8
Thanks be to God

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4

Day 1 Schneider Attempt #2