Schneider

October 12 2018
   
        Started out in class went over log books will many people still can't comprehend, it's not brain science or rocket surgery but oh well. So we meet in our groups to drive and go on the yard, this time we they changed it up and put me with two other people that I had never driven with before, ah well no biggie doesn't make any difference to me. While we were walking out to the truck, the instructor told me " these two need another evaluation to see if they should stay or go, and since you have more driving experience then any one else here, I need and extra set of eyes if you don't mind since you have already passed, and need to take 3 people with me anyway" Okay sounds good to me. Well the first guy got behind the wheel that has previous issues driving, he is from Somalia originally and I don't believe he has totally mastered the English language, made evident, when the instructor told him to stop or turn left or right and would have to repeat it SEVERAL Times before he would do it, was always wanting to disagree with the instructor, on more then one occasion he drove over a curb or hit it pretty hard barely missing telephone or electrical poles, not very smooth on the starts or stops (not that that's all bad, it takes some work, but we are NOT Students, we all have our CDLs which means you should know how to operate a Tractor Trailer) so after he was done driving, we switch drivers and the new guy I haven't ridden with get's behind the wheel, hoping he is a little bit better and not make me motion sick while driving. WELL I WAS WRONG on 2 different occasions he almost T-boned a car that was coming NEXT to us, not even at an intersection but next to us. That takes some talent to almost hit a car you are driving NEXT To. He also hit a couple curbs and all in all both of them are very unsafe drivers. So we get back to the yard, after I was done driving, and as we where walking in he said "Well"...I just said "NOPE" He said Okay. Of course ultimately it is the instructors (all of them, comparing notes) decides on who passes onto the next portion and who does not.
    Before lunch we got to go into the simulator lab and do some work on the simulator, that was AWESOME and had a great time and learned a lot as well worked on descending steep grades with stab braking, winter weather conditions were we had TONS of visibility to total white out in seconds, and steer tire blow outs. After that we went to lunch, after lunch. We then went out to the yard, and worked on skills, slow moving, backing and coupling and uncoupling the trailer, ended our day around 1700 hours. Came back to the hotel (my roommate went home to sign the lease on his new apartment at 1500, and only lives 30 mins away) showered and my roommate gets back round 7:15, he then calls his family on the phone and speaks VERY LOUDLY to them in spanish for the next 25 mins, (the are called ear buds look into them, or when I call my family I LEAVE THE ROOM) any way, I pop my ear buds in and start watching couple favorite YT channels, next thing I know I look over and he has hung up with his family and is sound asleep @2015 wowser. Any way I leave the room to call my family and then head to bed. Bi-pap machine on, lights out, phone plugged in, alarm set for 0500 for Saturday class. I quickly and for the first time this week fall into a DEEP slumber. I know I was in a REM Cycle, because my most recent night terror had started, when I hear this God awful sound that wakes me from a dead sleep, what in the world.. it was my roommate SNORING, I mean LOUD, he may not have been snoring he may have just been dreaming he was a JAKE Brake, but GOOD GRIEF, one benefit of having a bi-pap machine, I can bury my head under a blanket and pillow and still be able to breathe so i do that.

10-13-2018

    Man 0500 comes WAY to early on a Saturday Morning. Get dressed and go down stairs because we where under the impression that we had to be at Orientation extra early today, from 0600-1400. So we catch the shuttle to the Center, at 0615 and find out today we don't have to be to work until 0700. Ah well. We go into the class room, watch some RIVETING skid control videos and then we head out to the yard for some training on sliding tandems and 5th wheels and balance counter balance weighing. What we thought was going to be a quick little demonstration turned out to be more like a doctoral thesis, when they where done they said go back inside and do your CBT for map reading and trip planning. The slide show went over the basics of skid control and recovery. Then we had to go do a CBT on map reading that was an hour long. When i finished I went and found an instructor and asked what i should do it was only 9:30, he said just continue with other training modules because there are a lot of them, I grab a breakfast sammich from the cafeteria and go back to training. I stop around 11:45 to get up and stretch and talk to a buddy of mine, I went to the class room he was at, and the lights were out and the door was locked. So I went up to the Driver Desk, and asked where everyone had gone from my class? She said "oh baby they done gone home around 0945?????"
Wait What, I was told we were working until 1400 hours???????? Nope guess not, so needless to say I got a litte farther along on the LOOOOOOOON Menu of new hire videos we have to watch ever day.
Got back to the hotel around 12:30 and changed clothes and waited for the family to come up from Cincinnati. We then went into the city to Circle Center mall and bumbed around there, then went to castleton mall and went in there for a little while. They just left around 2030 to head back home,  thought I would come drop this real quick for an update. Tomorrow is more Computer Based Training but will be okay and also tomorrow is Laundry day.

Thanks For traveling
Live
Laugh
Love Someone as Christ commands us
firemedic2816

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4

Schneider Day #3 Done

Day 1 Schneider Attempt #2